Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fading Comet Pan-Starrs Over Fairfax, Iowa


I thought I was washed out of seeing Comet Pan-Starrs tonight after five evenings of clouds. I didn't see the comet in binoculars, so I photo bracketed sections of the sky in hopes to capture it. When I studied the images at home there it was, the fleeting iceball in the upper left corner of this image. Photo specs: 13 seconds, ISO 200, zoom 82 mm, f/4.0, 8:41 PM CDT. Compare this image to my March 21st image (click here.)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!! Checked out all your pictures from the week, you got some great shots with many different "moods"... I was afraid we would have to do this too -- find it AFTER looking at the pictures at home. But luckily, the one night we went mountain-climbing to see it, we caught it in binoculars. Great stuff! I'm so excited for comet ISON now... :)

    ReplyDelete