Monday, December 27, 2010

Paul McCartney's British Invasion Concludes On Sirius XM Radio...For the Moment


For past month Sirius XM Radio has broadcast McCartney Radio to celebrate the 20 millionth satellite radio subscriber. The Paul McCartney Band performed at the historic Apollo Theater in NYC on December 13th with a live broadcast to celebrate the re-issue of his Band on the Run album, the 75th anniversary of the Apollo Theater and the 20 millionth subscriber. The month long commercial free channel featured a vast array of McCartney catalog material and interviews. McCartney's appearance on Sirius XM is a part of the station's limited run, artist branded broadcasting.

For those who follow the ex-Beatle its another way to connect with the groundbreaking musical force from all those years ago. And as for the concert - read the review here and watch a few videos. The complete 2 hour long concert (in mp3 format) is available from various sites on the Internet. McCartney's performance included a wide selection of old and new songs and was both gear and fab - complete with microphone failure and restarts.

Magical Mystery Tour, Jet, Drive My Car, All My Loving, One After 909, Let Me Roll It, Long and Winding Road, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five, Maybe I’m Amazed (restart), Blackbird, I’m Looking Through You, And I Love Her, Petrushka, Dance Tonight, Eleanor Rigby, Hitch Hike (multiple restarts), Band On The Run, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, Back In The USSR, A Day In The Life; Give Peace A Chance, Let it Be, Hey Jude

Encore: Wonderful Christmastime, I Saw Her Standing There, Get Back,


Encore 2: Yesterday, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise), Carry That Weight, The End

Live radio - you can't beat it. Know that.

3 comments:

  1. While recently driving from Pa to Florida we really gained a new respect for Sirius...
    It was great not having to fool with stations and cd's.
    I am a new visitor and follower and am enjoying your space here!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Paul too, but I am more excited that Howard Stern has signed for another five years! I have been listening to him since I was 14 and now I am 41!

    ReplyDelete