Monday, July 29, 2013

SOO 4410 - A Rare Locomotive Still in Red & White



The SOO Line Railroad operates in the upper Midwest and is now part of the Canadian Pacific Railway. Last Saturday I spotted engine 4410, built in 1978, and is presently sitting at the Dubuque, Iowa CP yard. Since the early 2000s SOO locomotives have been repainted into the CP color scheme or have been scrapped. To discover a SOO colored locomotive, let alone an active engine is becoming quite rare. It's a piece of railroad history that is almost gone.

1 comment:

  1. I love trains and locomotives. The bodies have not changes much over the years. That 35 year old locomotive looks just like the brand new 2013 model I saw on the manufacturing floor when I took a tour of the manufacturing facility that I sell parts to.

    ReplyDelete