Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This is My Fence Post


During Sunday's annular eclipse this redwing blackbird claimed her territory near a corn field southwest of Alburnett, Iowa. The bird did not do anything out of the ordinary as some reports claim of animals during an eclipse. While hunting for a location to observe the sun-moon transit the day before I observed similar avian behavior of turf defending. Additionally a coating of white stuff testifies that this post must be a popular location. I've made note of this bird activity for the next locally observed eclipse. Know that.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I missed that eclipse! This is the first I've heard of it :( Love this shot--the contrast is very pleasing to the eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent shot. Defense of turf makes for great animal poses.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete